Gene-expression measurement: a standard tool in the biologist's toolbox
GenomeScan now offers RNAseq for similar prices as micro-array projects. The benefits of RNAseq are widely recognized by experts, and costs are no longer blocking the upgrade to NGS.
- It is applicable to all organisms
- Low quality RNA (e.g. FFPE, laser captured RNA) can be used as input
- Not dependent on prior design of probes or primers
- You can choose to measure only the mRNA transcripts (poly-A tailed RNA) or measure all RNA after reduction of ubiquitously expressed ribosomal RNA
- Coding and non-coding RNA can both be characterized
- Novel transcripts and isoforms, alternative splice sites, rare transcripts, regulatory RNA’s and coding region Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms (cSNPs) can be detected
You determine the outcome of your project by adjusting the type of sequencing instrument and settings. Are you interested in an array-type of experiment which allows you include the highest number of samples? Or zoom in to detect structural rearrangements such as alternative splicing and fusion of transcripts.
Advantages of Transcriptomics using NGS at GenomeScan:
- Stranded sequencing
You can detect from which strand the transcripts originate.
- Highly sensitive
With as little as 5 ng RNA, we generate highly reproducible results.
- Accurate representation of low and highly abundant transcripts.
We detect common and rare transcripts over six orders of magnitude of dynamic range.
- Detection of all RNA species possible
Validated protocols for all species, e.g. non-coding RNA (lncRNA), small nucleolar RNA (snoRNA), microRNA etc.
- Elimination of background noise
Counting the frequency of each sequence in your library digitally, effectively eliminates the noise that is traditionally present in micro-array experiments.
- Comprehensive data-analysis report
You can include extensive data-analysis with your sequencing project for a small additional fee.
Total Transcriptomics – specialized applications available for every project
We offer a total package of applications to detect all RNA species present in our sample.
Our standard service uses poly-A selection which amplifies all messenger RNA (mRNA). This provides a robust and cost-effective method.
You can also choose ribosomal RNA (rRNA) depletion, which measures all RNA present in the sample. The removal of rRNA is compulsory, because of their predominant expression. What remains are mRNAs and other types of RNA like for example long non-coding RNAs (lncRNAs), small RNAs (sRNAs) including microRNAs. Total RNA sequencing is method of choice when studying more than messenger RNAs.
- Method of choice for former micro-array experiments
- Excellent quality-price ratio
- Results in polyadenylated RNA data-set: mRNA only
- Optimal input 500 ng, validated lowest input amount: 5 ng.
- Depletion of ribosomal RNA (rRNA)
- For all non-polyadenylated RNA species
- Retains small RNA species such as miRNA
- Sole option for lower quality RNA (such as RNA derived from Formalin-Fixed-Paraffin-Embedded (FFPE) tissue or laser captured RNA).
- Optimal input 500 ng, validated lowest input amount: 5 ng
A GenomeScan brand
ServiceXS is our research department for genetic analyses. Our scientists constantly test and develop technologies and applications to stay one step ahead in genetic testing. We offer a wide range of applications for veterinary, agriculture, microbial and medical research.