Highly popular Epigenetic BeadChip
The MethylationEPIC ‘850K’ has all the benefits of its predecessor (450K BeadChip), and offers double the amount of interrogated loci. Experts in the field have updated the content, so even recently described clinically relevant methylation sites are incorporated.
Illumina’s MethylationEPIC ‘850K’ BeadChip is an excellent tool for quantitative methylation measurement at single CpG site level. It allows you to interrogate over 850,000 methylation sites, selected by experts in the field. The results give an overview of the total methylome, which can be used for Epigenome-Wide Association Studies (EWAS) on various human tissues.
- Combination of Coding and Enhancer regions
- CpG sites outside of CpG islands
- Differentially methylated sites identified in tumor vs. normal
- Non-CpG methylated sites identified in human stem cells (CHH sites)
- miRNA promoter regions
Our automated and robust methylation workflow results in an unprecedented high concordance between arrays.
The correlation between technical replicates is generally above 0.99. That is why we guarantee to report at least 95% of all loci present on the MethylationEPIC BeadArray.
Highly reproducible data between both BeadChips and experiments is especially important when identifying small epigenetic changes or when multiple experiments must be combined, such as in cohort studies.
- Full service, including automated DNA isolation for FFPE
- Visualization of all quality metrics in MethylAID for direct assessment of samples and experiment performance
- QC measurements at multiple stages to tightly monitor sample quality
- Highly specialized researchers perform the experiments leading to unprecedented reproducibility
- High throughput and automation leads to cohort-friendly pricing
- Excellent scientific advice in experimental design
- One project manager that keeps you informed of the experiments at every stage of the project
The Infinium MethylationEPIC BeadChip employs both Infinium I and Infinium II assays. Infinium I assay design employs 2 bead types per CpG locus, 1 each for the methylated and unmethylated states. The Infinium II design uses 1 bead type, with the methylated state determined at the single base extension step after hybridization.
|Percentage of detected CpGs guaranteed||Min. no. of detected CpGs||For number of samples|
|Methylation||No||95 %||807,500||100 %|
|FFPE Methylation||Yes||90 %||765,000||80 %|
|Hydroxymethylation||No||95 %||807,500||100 %|
|FFPE Hydroxymethylation||Yes||90 %||765,000||80 %|