GenomeScan provides innovative DNA analyses for patient diagnostics and genetic laboratory research. Our diagnostic tests may detect the genetic cause(s) behind disease and can help tailor the treatment to individual patients. That is why our slogan is “Caring for your Future”.
We are an ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO/IEC 15189 accredited company; these are international standards for laboratory excellence. We provide a complete portfolio of cutting-edge Next Generation Sequencing techniques to analyze hereditary traits in all organisms, including Exome Sequencing, Inherited Disease Panel Sequencing, DNA Sequencing, Transcriptomics, Methylation – Epigenetics and Bioinformatics.
We have a professional mixed young and experienced team. Together we work hard to achieve our goals in an informal and inspiring atmosphere. But we also like to party from time to time and celebrate good results made.
Due to our growth we are looking for a new colleague in our ICT team!
The Software Developer is responsible for the development, maintenance, reviewing and improvement of software, tools, and/or scripts in order to improve efficiency, workability, and speed, mainly related, but not limited to the laboratory processes carried out within the company, all according to the company quality standards.
The Software Developer reports to the Manager Bio-IT.
- Responsible for maintenance of running software with respect to technical health and stability;
- To collaborate in a team with other software developers, bioinformaticians, and system administrator on software development;
- To review running software related to the laboratory information management and other software solutions within the company;
- To make software improvements and implementing new ideas into software code;
- To collaborate closely with the laboratory staff to discuss ideas about software improvement;
- To present ideas, plans, and results regarding improvement of software;
- To document all running software and keep this documentation up to date;
- To provide training on new and existing software tools;
- To write and update procedures (e.g. INS/SOP) for users resulting from software updates;
- To take care of related administrative tasks when necessary;
- To keep knowledge on technical developments up to date;
- Any other activities in line with this description.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Informatics or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience in software development
- Knowledge of and experience with web application frameworks (e.g. Django) and APIs
- Relevant experience in a laboratory environment is preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with Linux and Windows
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English both verbally and in writing
- Accuracy and quality awareness
- Team player
- Proactive attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
Are you the Software Developer we are looking for?
Please send your resume and motivation letter to Vivienne Heemskerk, Manager Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions, please call +31 (0)71 – 568 10 50.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com