Vacancy: Bioinformatics Analyst (40 hours per week)
Are you looking for a challenging Bio-IT position at a young, fast-growing company?
Then this is your chance!
As a NGS service provider, GenomeScan provides innovative DNA and RNA analyses for patient diagnostics and genetic laboratory research. Our diagnostic services are of great importance in detecting the cause of the disease and providing support for individual treatment plans. That is why our slogan is “Caring for your Future“. We also carry out projects for numerous research, pharma and biotech clients. You can imagine that this results in a challenging diversity of projects and questions. That’s why we are looking for you!
We offer a comprehensive portfolio of advanced Next Generation Sequencing techniques including short and long read technologies for Whole Genome Sequencing, RNA-seq, Methyl-seq, etc. In addition, we continuously develop novel products and services for the commercial pharma and biotech market. We are an ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO 15189 accredited company; these are international quality standards.
We have a professional team consisting of a mix of young and experienced people. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our services, for example through the development of new methods and validations of new products. We work with enthusiasm and pleasure in an informal and inspiring working environment and like to celebrate the results achieved together!
Due to our successes and strong growth of projects, we will continue to expand, so: We are looking for a new colleague!
The Bioinformatics analyst contributes to scientific analysis of large-scale data sets using a variety of bioinformatics techniques and software applications. The projects in which he may be involved include commercial projects, validations, research projects (grants), and software development. Responsibilities include generating, processing, annotating, and analyzing biological relevant genomic data and preparing the data for further research according to the specifications agreed with the customer. All work will be accompanied with proper scientific reporting of the performed analyses, all according to the company quality standards.
What will you do?
- To prepare NGS data sets and reports for customers whilst adhering to relevant procedures and company quality standards;
- To design and implement pipelines and programs for co-workers or customers for analysis of projects with related research questions;
- To maintain knowledge of both relevant scientific literature as well as bioinformatics software and scripting languages;
- To develop, write and keep up to date Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and related documents;
- To take care of all related administrative tasks where necessary;
- To consult with and advise customers to further clarify project descriptions as determined by the Sales department to ensure that delivery expectations are met, under the supervision of the Manager Bio-IT;
- Resolves customer complaints and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements from end-users, under supervision of the Manager Bio-IT;
- To perform data-analysis according to the time frame determined in accordance with the Manager Bio-IT and to actively inform the Manager Bio-IT of the progression of projects;
- Any other activities in line with this description.
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Bioinformatics or similar specialization in Molecular Biology;
- Hands-on experience in processing and analyzing large scale genomic datasets;
- Experience with scripting languages such as Shell scripting, Python, R, or Perl;
- Experience in working in a Linux environment;
- Excellent knowledge of English both verbally and in writing.
Are you the Bioinformatics Analyst we are looking for?
Please send your resume and motivation to Vivienne Heemskerk, HR Manager, at email@example.com. If you have questions, please call +31 (0)71 – 568 10 50.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org