Illumina’s NovaSeq 6000 provides you access to the most powerful, high-throughput sequencing instrument available that allows for faster and more cost-effective genomic analyses.
The largest benefit is provided for applications that require large amounts of data, such as human Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS), Exome Sequencing (WES) and tumor–normal profiling. These projects can be analyzed at a sharply reduced price per sample compared to sequencing on all other HiSeq instruments and require only one or two sequencing days to meet clinical demands.
- Up to 6 Tb data output per run
- High quality data
- Lowest price per base
- Fast run time: 1 or 2 days
Scalable and Flexible
The NovaSeq 6000 is the first of Illumina’s sequencers that support multiple flow cells that each have a different output range (see table). This gives GenomeScan the opportunity to select the flow cell based on project sizes, thereby selecting the most economical option.
GenomeScan uses three flow cell types, S1, S2 and S4. The S2 produces a comparable amount of data as the HiSeq4000, while the S4 produces three times more data per run.
One S4 flow cell generates enough data to analyze 48 full genomes with 30x coverage!
* Human Genomes assumes > 120 Gb of data per sample to achieve 30X genome coverage. Exome assumes ~8Gb/100X. Transcriptomes assume ≥ 50M reads.
To validate the quality of the NovaSeq data-output, GenomeScan has aligned Phage Lambda reads to its reference and observed a staggering percentage perfect reads of 99.2%. This even exceeds the percentage perfect reads of the already very accurate measurements of the HiSeq 4000.
Our method of choice for:
- Projects of virtually any size and scale
- All applications: DNA, RNA and Methylation sequencing
- More technical information: NovaSeq 6000 System Specification Sheet
- More on quality scoring: NovaSeq 6000 System Quality Scores and RTA 3 software