Career at GenomeScan
Job opportunity: Project Manager R&D 32 hrs/wk
GenomeScan provides innovative DNA analyses for patient diagnostics and genetic laboratory research. Our diagnostic tests may detect the genetic cause(s) behind disease and can help tailor the treatment to individual patients. That is why our slogan is “Caring for your Future”. We offer a complete portfolio of cutting-edge Next Generation Sequencing techniques to analyze hereditary traits in all organisms, including Exome Sequencing, Inherited Disease Panel Sequencing, DNA Sequencing, Transcriptomics, Methylation – Epigenetics and Bio-Informatics.
We are an ISO/IEC 17025 accredited company since 2011, this is an international standard for laboratory excellence.
We have a professional mixed young and experienced team. Together we work hard to achieve our goals in an informal and inspiring atmosphere. But we also like to party from time to time and celebrate good results made. Due to our growth in projects we are looking for a new colleague!
The Project Manager R&D initiates and writes new grant applications under the supervision of the Manager Quality & Funding. Moreover, the Project Manager R&D is responsible for the coordination of all activities performed for funded projects, where GenomeScan is partner of a research consortium. He/she is responsible for the process and communication of the project development with project stakeholders and GenomeScan staff. The overall goal is to maintain the company’s high quality of services.
- To initiate and write new grant applications in line with company objectives
- To take care of all related administrative tasks where necessary
- To maintain contact with project stakeholders and (potential) customers and supply scientific support and advise them before and during the project as well as afterwards
- To guide the R&D Scientist
- To prepare and design experiments and execute projects in cooperation with project stakeholders/ customers, the R&D Scientist and the Laboratory
- To keep records on the status of the experiments and projects and make sure both project stakeholders/ customers, the R&D Scientist and Laboratory are aligned
- To strive for maximum project stakeholder/customer satisfaction
- To stay on top of developments and innovation concerning the platform services
- To support our Marketing department scientifically
- Any other activities in line with this description.
- PhD degree in life sciences, molecular biology or similar
- Relevant experience in (molecular) genetic research
- Relevant and provable experience in Project Management
- Demonstrated capability to establish and maintain working relationships
- Experience in writing scientific reports
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English both verbally and in writing
- Proactive attitude
- Accurate and quality awareness
- Analytical thinking
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure with deadlines
- Customer oriented
- Team player
Are you the Project Manager R&D we are looking for?
Please send your CV and motivation letter to Vivienne Heemskerk, email@example.com
In case you have any questions please call Vivienne tel. +31(0) 71-5681050.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.